Saturday, February 9, 2013

DIY Day #1

Simon is in California this month, so I have officially done my first DIY project for...

Noah Arthur Fry.

:)

I wanted something to go above the crib, for it to contain his name, and for it to also take up a large section of the wall, because I have decided to not wallpaper or paint. I'll save that for baby #2 I suppose, when we're living in a house we own (maybe). I went to Michael's, and I bought unfinished 16X16 (ish) frames, some acrylic paint, the letters for his name, and 4 pieces of different scrapbook paper that all coordinated but weren't the same. Here it is:

 
So, I paintd the frames a navy blue and the letters a light green. After it was dry, i just assembled it all together. I used super glue to hold the letters to the paper, and sticky squares to hold the paper to the cardboard backing. I didn't think it would hold, honestly, because the letters are so heavy. I was wrong, thank god. I didn't have a back up plan!
 
And here ya go!
 
I know that it looks uncentered, but there's another piece of furniture that will arrive next week hopefully to fill the space under the "N."
 
In addition, I got my nursery chair earlier this week. Target had packs of 3 cube shelf things on clearance for $10/each. They matched my crib, so I had to get 2. I also bought curtains. I'm well aware that they are girl curtains, but I'm making them more manly looking next weekend, and Noah won't even know the difference. ;) Here's the other corner of the room:
 
 
That's all I have for now. I'll post more after I get the rest of the furniture and assemble it.
Love,
Kristin
 

1 comment:

SpecialJNess said...

Looks awesome, lady! :)

<3