Sunday, December 30, 2012

Categorization

I know trimesters are split up into equal sections during pregnancy, but I feel like a lot of women may set different checkpoints for themselves. I know I do. Reaching my actual second trimester didn't have as much of an impact as yesterday did. We came back from Mississippi late Friday night, and after we came back from vacation, I knew it was time to get started on baby things. Early Saturday, Simon and I attempted to put the crib together. Not too hard, right?

Wrong. Dead effing wrong.

Although a greatly appreciated gift from my CEO, we didn't receive all of the parts. We could afford to buy a new one, but I feel the need to save money if we can. We looked around online, at Goodwill, and at traditional retail stores, yet nothing was a good deal whatsoever. Luckily for us, Simon got a Lowe's gift card and a power drill for Christmas. We will make this crib work.

The whole situation was discouraging though. I need to accept that things never go as planned, but I love when they do.

With that said, the crib will be put together sometime before he leaves, which is the second "trimester" I have set for myself. It is ok for the cute, fun things to wait (decor, organizing, etc.), but anything that requires a power tool probably shouldn't.

Did anyone else reorganize their timeline, too, or am I just overthinking everything? Feel free to comment!

Next Tuesday we find out the sex of the baby; I'll definitely be posting afterwards!

Love always,
Kristin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good thing i can make it work