Thursday, January 31, 2013

V-day!

I'm 24 weeks along today! Huge milestone, because if for whatever reason I had the baby right now, the hospital would attempt to save it. I think I read somewhere that there's a 50-90% survival rate for babies born at 24 weeks. I DO NOT want to go into labor, obviously, but its crazy to think that a viable human life is inside of me right now.

In other news, 2 weeks ago I had gained 10 lbs total. At the visit today, that number climbed to 17. Apparently this is normal, but I also bought 4 boxes of girl scout cookies that have mostly been demolished in the last 3 days. We can blame it on the baby, though.

I also paid rent today, so I asked about painting the baby's room (provided that I paint it back). We get along great, so he was inferring that it would be fine, regardless of whether I painted it back or not. I'm thinking a light grey, but I want to plan it out well, so I don't change my mind 12 times. This is the color scheme I'm thinking of:


Next up on the to-do list for today is the Bordatella shot for Hercules, so that we can put them both in boarding when we go to Michigan, which is March 7-12! I can't imagine leaving them behind, but there's no where for them to go up there, and we're appreciating the fact that we can fly, now. The boarding place is called Animal House, and they'll have their own indoor/outdoor room for only $40 a night! http://www.ncanimalhouse.com, for anyone in the area that is looking for a place to board. The baby shower will be March 10th, tentatively. It's going to be a very small gathering, which is great, because I seriously hate all that attention. I can't wait to see my family, though, as it doesn't happen very often! Definitely the best part about showers.

Here's my 24 week picture:

4 comments:

SpecialJNess said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME! Keep eating those cookies, girl. ;) Love you!

laura_vargas said...

Love that color scheme and you look beautiful! :)

Pam Richmond said...

Yeah, it must be the cookies - enjoy them! You look great! I think the color scheme you're planning is cool! I can't figure out the name. . . jungle I think of "George", but nautical? George isn't nautial!

Pam Richmond said...

Actually, thinking further, a nautical name would be Jack, like Jack in Pirates of the Caribbean! But not so sure that is a jungle name. You really have me stumped Kristin!

Pam:)