Sunday, June 16, 2013

Maternity Leave

I can't believe I've been on maternity leave for 4 weeks already! Only 8 to go, and I need to call the two waiting lists Noah is on for day care to tell them the exact day I need them. I'm hoping at least one of them can accommodate starting by August 12th!

In 2 weeks and 2 days, I (hope to) get the ok to start working out. I got all the info on their drop in care last week, and its only $25/mo! This is kind of odd though, because I only pay $15/mo to use the facility in general. As soon as he starts day care, I won't need it at all, but it's nice to know that I don't have to start day care first to start working out. I'm getting kind of bored doing the same thing all the time at home, and my tummy flab is seriously disturbing.

Other than that, here are my goals for the rest of maternity leave:
Go on more walks with Noah
Start eating a real meal every day of the week
Establish a larger breastmilk supply
Keep up my cleaning schedule :)
Learn how to play with him more
Keep us both happy and healthy

Ideally, I'd love to start reading more in my downtime, but I love HGTV and the wordsearch on my phone way too much to mess with that. Noah and I walked around Barnes and Noble a couple days ago while I sipped my iced chai latte from Starbucks. That's close enough for me!

Today is Father's Day, and Noah and I are wishing Simon a very happy one over there. Next year will be a real celebration, though.

I'm really sick of saying "Next year will be better!"

New Years is gonna be a hell of a party for our little family.

<3 Kristin

No comments: